The Butterfly Project
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, a pen or a sharpie and draw a butterfly in the place where you want to cut.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. No scrubbing it off. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you don’t cut, it lives. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting one will kill all of them because they are connected.
4. These butterflies are extra special so make sure you take good care of them.
5. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyway to show support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
If you feel like you have absolutely no one for you, please think of me. I care. I want you to get better. If you want someone to simply talk to or just to listen, please don’t hesitate to talk to me. You will not be a burden.
Stay strong, you’re beautiful. xx